INDIA: Mahindra Reva Electric Vehicles Pvt. Ltd., a part of the $15.9 billion Mahindra Group, and Vodafone Business Services (VBS), the enterprise arm of Vodafone India Ltd - one of India’s leading telecommunications service providers, announced a strategic technology partnership.
This partnership will enable Vodafone to provide Machine-to-Machine (m2m) communication services to power the recently launched electric vehicle, Mahindra e2o. The e2o which has just been launched in India is a truly ‘connected car’ and is among a select few in the world to support telematics.
Using their smart phones or any internet connected computer, e2o owners can, with Vodafone’s connectivity, access the following services:
* Know the state of charge in the battery of their car and how far they can travel with the available charge.
* Remotely control its air-conditioning and set schedules to pre-heat or pre-cool the car before they use it.
* Lock or unlock the car doors.
* Find the nearest charging stations.
* Receive alerts on various events with the car such as a disruption in charging due to power cuts, safety related reminders such as a door being left unlocked or a parking brake not applied.
* Get an emergency boost charge with a command on the smart phone to go an extra 8-10 kms.
* Have the Mahindra Reva Tech Help Desk remotely do prognosis and diagnostics of the car.
The e2o uses Vodafone’s m2m services for this connectivity and provides a holistic and cutting edge experience including many other useful and innovative features.