CTIA WIRELESS 2013, USA: Monnit Corp. has released of a new Machine-to-Machine oriented cellular gateway for use with wireless sensors.
This gateway is specifically designed to respond to the increasing demand for a low-cost, reliable, “connect-from-anywhere” monitoring solution that addresses the needs of a variety of M2M applications.
Features of the new M2M cellular gateway for wireless sensors:
* Dual band CDMA (800/1900 MHz).
* Supports Monnit wireless sensors in global (900, 868 and 433 MHz).
* “Plug & Sense” - no configuration or setup required.
* Remote software upgrade capability.
* Watchdog function alerts if gateway goes offline.
* LED indicators indicate system status.
The MonnitLink cellular gateway model CGW2 is an advanced, all wireless, M2M gateway that enables fast time-to-market solutions for a wide range of M2M applications. The gateway was designed to support Monnit sensors, which are capable of detecting and monitoring functions that are critical to business operations, including: temperature, humidity, water, light, access, movement and much more.
Monnit’s wireless gateways transmit data between local sensor networks and iMonnit, the online data monitoring system, which aggregates sensor information and sends notifications via text or email if user defined conditions are met or exceeded.