IWCE 2012, LAS VEGAS, USA: Motorola Solutions Inc. unveiled the SL Series portable and the XPR 5000 mobile radio series as the latest additions to MOTOTRBO, its professional digital communications portfolio that meets the requirements of narrowbanding. MOTOTRBO delivers exceptional voice quality, extended battery life, increased capacity and the industry’s largest application developer program for increased productivity and enhanced worker safety.
The SL Series is the world’s thinnest, lightest Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) portable, designed to meet the communication needs of business users and executives in industries such as hospitality, services, security and airlines. The radio’s slim design and unique features enhance the level of professionalism and discretion so users can provide superior customer service and faster response times.
* The SL Series has a rugged, high-resolution color display with a built-in photo sensor that automatically detects ambient lighting and adjusts the display brightness for optimal viewing in all lighting conditions.
* The radio has Intelligent Audio, which automatically adjusts the radio’s volume to fit background noise so users will not miss calls in a high-noise environment or disturb others in quiet areas.
* Integrated Bluetooth audio allows users to connect Bluetooth audio accessories without an external adaptor. Motorola offers exclusive operations critical wireless earpieces specifically designed for two-way radio users, allowing employees more mobility and to converse discreetly. The radio also supports Bluetooth data connectivity to wirelessly transfer data between the radio and other devices such as barcode scanners, mobile computers or mobile printers.
* The radio delivers loud and clear audio with voice announcement for confirmation of channels, zones and programmable buttons. The SL Series offers three programmable option buttons that allow up to nine favorite features to be programmed for easy access.
* The SL Series supports the industry’s largest portfolio of data applications, such as work order ticket management, e-mail, dispatch, network monitoring and telephone interconnect.
* The radio also offers vibrate alert, covert mode and an integrated antenna design that optimizes range performance – all of which are designed for ease of use and discreet communication.
* For even more discretion and flexible communications, the SL Series includes a comprehensive portfolio of earpieces, single-unit and multi-unit chargers, and a flexible wrist strap or swivel belt clip carry holder for enhanced portability.
* The XPR 5000 mobile radio series features a full-color display, making it easy for users in the public administration, utilities and transportation markets to view contact lists, text messages and applications.
* The XPR 5000 Series is a fully-featured analog and digital mobile radio family that transforms the enterprise by delivering exceptional voice and data communications with best-in-class audio that includes Intelligent Audio and customizable voice announcement, integrated GPS and text messaging.
* It also offers integrated Bluetooth audio and data, allowing users to connect Bluetooth audio accessories without an external adaptor. Users can wirelessly transfer data between the radio and other devices such as barcode scanners, mobile computers or mobile printers.