SINGAPORE: CommunicAsia2011 and BroadcastAsia2011 ended on a strong note with positive visitor growth and exhibitor feedback.
More than 56,000 industry visitors, conference speakers and delegates, exhibiting staff and media from around the world attended CommunicAsia2011 and BroadcastAsia2011 between 21-24 June.
The shows also saw more than 250 industry luminaries convened to address pertinent issues and challenges affecting the broadcasting, media and ICT industries.
Stephen Tan, chief executive of show organiser, Singapore Exhibition Services, said: “The success of the event is a direct outcome of the strength of our exhibitors, and the unparalleled quality of networking and discussions at the conferences and workshops. We are pleased with this year’s event turnout and with the positive responses it generated, and look forward to planning for the next editions.”
Highlights at CommunicAsia2011
· Mobile application developers and global satellite players made their presence felt at CommunicAsia2011.
· The show saw launches from the likes of Huawei, Nokia, NTT DoCoMo, Nokia Siemens Networks and ST Electronics.
· Dr. Supot Tiarawut, Director of Telecommunications Research and Industrial Development Institute (TRIDI) said: “This was our first time exhibiting at CommunicAsia and we were impressed by the event. Not only were we able to showcase the ICT technologies available in Thailand, but we also received some good business prospects and collaboration opportunities for the ten companies that are exhibiting under TRIDI. We will definitely be back next year to showcase what Thailand has to offer.”
Highlights at BroadcastAsia
· The spotlight at BroadcastAsia2011 was on 3D, hybrid broadcast broadband TV (HbbTV) and DVB-2.
· The latest technologies in 3D, HD, motion/film production and post-production software were showcased at the all new Cinematography/Film/Production Zone.
· Ms. Joyce Quark, Channel & Marketing Manager, Harmonic, said: "The quality of the visitors to BroadcastAsia2011 surpassed previous years and we were kept busy meeting prospective customers throughout the four days. We applaud Singapore Exhibition Services for bringing in strong, serious buyers, and for putting together yet another fantastic show."