KOREA & FRANCE: Alcatel-Lucent and SK Broadband – a subsidiary of SK Telecom, one of South Korea's largest broadband service providers – announced the selection of Alcatel-Lucent to build South Korea's first packet transport network dedicated to meeting the high-bandwidth data needs of enterprises throughout the country.
SK Broadband's existing transport network based on the MSPP (Multi Service Provisioning Platform) technology was designed primarily to transmit legacy TDM (Time Division Multiplexing) traffic. Using Alcatel-Lucent's Packet Transport Network (PTN) solution, SK Broadband will be creating a new network to transport increasing data traffic.
* SK Broadband will deploy Alcatel-Lucent's 1850 Transport Service Switch managed by its 1350 Optical Management Suite (OMS).
* Packet Transport Network solution enables SK Broadband to smoothly migrate the existing circuit switched network.
* Enterprises will benefit from dedicated Carrier Ethernet network designed specifically to meet the high-bandwidth needs of current and future business applications.
* PTN network will help SK Broadband create a variety of new business services/applications for business customers.
* Korea, already one of the most connected societies in the world, will enjoy even more advanced business services with superfast data transport network.
* SK Telecom deployed Alcatel-Lucent's PTN solution, which now serves as heart of its LTE network.