LONDON, UK: LoopUp, the business collaboration and remote meetings company, today announced its partnership with SmarTone, a leader in wireless communications in Hong Kong. This is the first-ever partnership with an operator in Hong Kong. Under the agreement, SmarTone will distribute the LoopUp product in Hong Kong as ‘SmarTone Conferencing’.
“SmarTone is a great partner for us and we’re delighted to be working together,” said Steve Flavell, co-CEO of LoopUp. “High quality partnerships with telecommunications operators are a key arm to our strategy in the Asia-Pacific region to help us extend the market reach of LoopUp.”
LoopUp provides business professionals with a better remote meeting experience—without the classic annoyances generally associated with conferencing, such as not knowing who’s on the call or who’s speaking, distracting background noise or struggling to share a presentation with guests. With LoopUp’s Web and smartphone apps, business professionals are able to:
* Schedule meetings from Outlook, smartphones or the Web.
* Join by having the meeting call out instantly to a phone of their choice.
* Be alerted via smartphone and desktop notifications when their first guest joins and be brought into a live readout of who’s in the meeting.
* Access simple controls to add missing guests, mute distracting background noise and record the call.
* Share their screen, as and when needed, without needing to go elsewhere.
LoopUp opened its Hong Kong office and Point of Presence in September 2011.