HOUSTON, USA: Plunkett Research, Ltd. has released its newest market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Almanac, 2011 edition, which identifies and analyzes major trends shaping the wireless industry.
According to Jack W. Plunkett, CEO of Plunkett Research, Ltd., “Wireless continues to be an outstanding growth industry. The number of global cell phone subscribers hit 5 billion in July, 2010. BlackBerry have topped 50 million.”
Major trends affecting the Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry analyzed in Plunkett’s report include:
* 3G cellular systems are deployed while ultra fast 4G is born.
* LTE and HSDPA offer high-speed platforms, compete with WiMAX.
* RFID drives inventory management evolution.
* Wireless devices become a fast-growing market for electronic games.
* BlackBerry use soars, but competition grows.
* Location based advertising and mobile advertising on cellphones grow quickly.
* Mobile banking, remittances and wireless payments grow.
* Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) ready to spread machine-to-machine (M2M) applications.
“Machine-to-machine (M2M) communications via wireless methods will be the real growth platform of the coming decade,” says Jack Plunkett. “Nanotechnology will plan a big role in these devices that will be assisting automatic controls a gathering data from billions of spots in the near future.”